Getting Started with Video Content Creation for your social media content can seem like a daunting start when you think about it.
But video content for social media is extremely important as it’s more likely to get in front of your audiences!
By 2021 – 2.23 Billion people worldwide will be using mobile to watch digital video.
And with 55% of our media time being spent on video – there’s a massive need for your business to be part of that.
Here’s some ideas to get your creative juices flowing when you are creating your video content strategy!
5 Steps To Create A Video Marketing Plan
- This is where you will warm up your audience and nurture them.
- Think of the ‘why’ behind your video content creation.
- Where is the video to lead them to? A Product? A Service? An offer?
- Are you providing value by sharing knowledge?
- Are you showing the benefits that your product or service provides?
- Are you showing them how your product or service solves their problem?
- Who is your audience?
- Where do they hang out? Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Youtube?
- What speaks to them?
- What will engage them?
- What will keep them coming back for more?
- Planning will save you a LOT of time in the long run
- List out 100+ video content ideas that are around the benefits of your product or service that will resonate with your audience (the more learning topics – the better!)
- Is it recorded videos, lives, animations or a mixture?
- What will be the order of these videos?
- What is the frequency of these videos? Daily, every couple of days, weekly?
- What platforms are you posting them on?
- Create your video content in batches
- Schedule out 3 to 5 days to get your video content recorded, edited and then scheduled out onto each of your platforms. Recording 1 video at a time takes longer. Batching saves you time!
- This will massively save you time in the future for your content creation
- Change outfits between recordings
- Change backgrounds between recordings (this helps your audience know that there’s newer videos as they quickly scroll through their timelines)
- Schedule your videos when your audience are online. Look at your insights and analytics on your preferred social media platforms. Check the time of your posts that have the most interaction and schedule your videos for the same time. Generally speaking – commuting time, lunch time, after dinner and before bed are useful times.
- Leave time for spontaneity. Plan for some live videos in between your video content strategy.
- Create a strategy for your team. Create a process for them to record, edit, then schedule. If this is just you – then create this process for yourself.