40% of companies across Scotland are now experiencing skills shortages and employers are beginning to only consider people with the necessary digital and soft skills required today.
How can you improve your Digital Skills?
Attend the FREE Digital Skills training by Facebook and Technology Coaching.
Facebook’s Digital Skills Training Programme was designed to enable people just like you to develop the confidence and skills you need for future employment, innovation and societal domestic growth value.
What will I gain from attending a workshop?
- A Facebook Certification
- Strengthen the soft skills required by employers today
- Learn industry tips and insider processes and frameworks utilised by the biggest companies on the planet
- Network within your community with like-minded people
- Training from world-class trainers who work with global brands like Apple and Google and are experts in their field
What will I learn?
In this session we will cover:
- Web Presence – make the web work for you and help your idea come to life with the right tools. Practise creating your own website, learn about SEO, understanding user experience and analytics
- Innovation – conceive, prototype and build a wireframe business, and develop your own App and pith it – all within 70 minutes!
- Social Marketing – Define your audience to a business brief using Facebook’s Audience Insights. Strategise and mind-map your advertising campaign. Build your Facebook advertising campaign using Ads Manager
How much does it cost?
These workshops are completely FREE to attend – that’s right – FREE!
This programme forms part of a Europe-wide initiative led by Facebook’ to help people and businesses grow and equip everyone with the digital skills they need to compete in today’s workplace.
How long is it?
The workshop is 4 hours long. With the 3 fast paced modules lasting 70 minutes each.
Start: 1pm – Module Start
Who is it for?
The workshops and associated content have been created with the 18 – 30 demographic in mind. However, we’re the content is applicable to everyone and anyone – small business owners, social marketers, entrepreneurs, young people, and those looking to improve their digital skills!
*PLEASE NOTE – This is not a Napier University Course. This training is has been developed by Facebook. Napier University is kindly hosting the event at their campus for the benefit for their students, the people of Edinburgh and surrounding areas.
What you need to do?
- Bring your phone/tablet – this is an essential, as the workshops are interactive and you will be using your device throughout the sessions.
- Only register if you plan to attend – these sessions are limited and we want to make sure that everyone that wants to attend has the opportunity to. If you cannot attend – please release the ticket for someone else to use.
- Check your email – The registration emails will give you all the instructions you need for the sessions – including the apps that you are required to download prior to the session, so look out for these in your mailbox!
- Get Involved – Join in on the group activities, share and gain more knowledge from the group, complete the tasks to gain your Facebook Certificate!
- Have an open mind to learn – These sessions are FUN and Interactive! So bring your A-game to get the most out of training, network with your group, and interact!
Any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!