When I ask my clients – what’s stopping you from creating video content for your social media posts – the first response that I usually get is.
“I don’t like to be in front of the camera.”
“I get distracted from what I want to say as I’m looking at myself”
“I forget what I’m going to say”
These are just some of the reasons that we talk ourselves into or experience when we start to speak in front of the camera.
A way around these (crazy) thoughts is to get yourself prepared before you even turn the camera on.
This is my setup:
- Camera mount and or tripod
- Location with good lighting
- A post it note with the 3 main key points and the CTA on the screen. This stops me from looking at myself in the screen and reminds me of my key points to discuss on the video
- A small highlighter post it just at the camera – to remind me to look at the lens when I’m talking
Amazing isn’t it!!
Simple tools that you already have to take away the fear of getting in front of the lens!
Now that you are setup effectively…
Here’s 13 ways to feel confident in front of the camera
- Talk to yourself.
- Practise, practise, practise
- Find a familiar space
- Have a plan
- Dress for success
- It’s not about you, it’s about what you say
- It’s okay to mess up
- Stay hydrated
- Go slow
- Look at the camera!
- Turn off distractions
- Go crazy before you start
So what’s stopping you?!
Get out your phone and start recording.