What is mindset?
The dictionary explains this as “the established set of attitudes held by someone”.
It can also be described as how we respond to challenges and setbacks not only in our business ventures but in the interactions we have in our personal life.
When we ask ourselves the question – Why do you want to start a business? Do you know what your answer is? Do you have a clear outline of the WHY behind you are are starting a new business?
Relate this back to what your current mindset is.
- Do you want to work for yourself and go down the entrepreneur route?
- Do you want to want to get out of the rat race?
- Do you want to make more money?
- Do you want to provide more value to your clients?
- Do you want to serve your community better?
- Do you want to have a better lifestyle for yourself and your family?
Spend a little bit of time answering these questions. Write your answers down.
Then write your own 5 reasons why you want to start your own business.
What is it that makes you do what you do?
What is it that you are passionate about?
What is it that makes you get up and going in the morning?
What is it that you always talk about?
When you’re in a group of people, what do you steer the conversation towards, that you talk really excitedly about?
Writing all these answers down – gives you a real understanding on what you like, what you want to do and why you want to do it. This is the start to understanding what your business is and how you serve your community!
This is key to starting a business.